Wednesday, November 21, 2018

"I Held My Peace To No Avail"

Have you ever struggled unsuccessfully to bite your tongue, to not respond in kind to the stupid or wrong things being done around you? Have you tried not to defend yourself against untrue things that are being said? I know I have. 

As pastors and Christian leaders, it is in just such moments that we often tend to say things that we regret... I know that I have. 


This week while we gather to express gratitude to God for his blessings, sometimes our encounters with others are a challenge.

Psalm 39 expresses the agony of the slow burn such silence produced in his heart and what surprising thing he did about it. 


Check out this new post on my Psalms blog, entitled "Psalm 39: Agony & Irony—I Was Silent...Then I Spoke!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

In fostering an encouraging place for pastors, we will not post comments that are not respectful and loving (even in disagreement). Pastors get enough of that after church on Sunday and in board meetings. So we will not be going there.

Your comments will appear once they have been moderated.